Position: Medical Editor, Contractor
Here at Dragonfly Editorial, we help organizations working with health care professionals communicate with clarity. We often work as an extension of organizations’ editorial teams, and we deliver regardless of timeline or lead time. With satisfied clients comes growth, so we’re looking for new medical editors to copy edit and fact-check content, such as medical journal articles, public health reports, and CME programs, in a variety of content areas, including oncology, cardiology, dermatology, mental health, and endocrinology.
What you’ll do:
- Copy edit text, following a standard style guide (eg, AMA) or the client’s in-house style
- Fact-check slide decks and other content to ensure accuracy
- Follow project-specific style guidance
Our ideal candidate has:
- ≥5 years of editing experience
- Fluency in AMA style
- A cheerful demeanor (to handle urgent client requests)
- Digital savvy (to use an online project management system, the Microsoft Suite, Google Drive, Adobe Acrobat, macros, and other tools)
- Not required but a plus, working knowledge of APA and The Chicago Manual of Style
How to apply:
Send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Candidates will take an AMA-based editing test.
And remember this: Research shows that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, yet women and other marginalized folks often apply only when they fit every single item. If you believe you could excel in this role, but don’t meet every single criterion, please get in touch anyway. Tell us about yourself and what you bring to the table. We’d love to explore whether you could be a great fit.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dragonfly Editorial provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.