Position: Full-Time Technical Copyeditor
Salary: $50-$55K/year, depending on experience
Here at Dragonfly Editorial, we help organizations working in complex B2B industries — including finance, healthcare, and security — communicate with clarity. They call on us to act as an extension of their communications teams, and we deliver under tight schedules or with ample lead time. With satisfied clients comes growth, so we’re looking for a full-time copyeditor who enjoys working with multiple clients on everything from social media posts to technical proposals.
What you’ll do at Dragonfly:
- Provide stellar copyediting and proofreading to a wide range of Dragonfly customers
- Work with technical content related to topics such as IT, healthcare, and engineering
- Serve as a lead editor on large, 200+-page projects, creating style sheets and answering other editors’ questions
- Help our editorial manager coordinate workflow and assign projects
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of editing experience
- Working knowledge of AP and APA styles and The Chicago Manual of Style
- Cheerful demeanor (to handle ridiculous deadlines and crazy client requests with good humor)
- Digital savvy (to work with various software and tools — including the Microsoft Suite, Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, and macros — use online project management systems, and communicate via text and chat)
- Not required but a plus: experience editing proposals, familiarity with PerfectIt, knowledge of GPO style and APMP principles
At Dragonfly, it’s important for us to create an exceptional workplace for our employees. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for you and your family
- A 401(k) plan with prompt vesting
- Generous paid time off
- Highly flexible work schedule
- Access to ongoing continuing education and career development opportunities
Our benefits also include working in an environment where you’re valued as a person, kindness is more important than cutting a deal, and respect is paramount.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Candidates will need to take an editing test and provide references.
And remember this: Research shows that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, yet women and other marginalized folks often apply only when they fit every single item. If you believe you could excel in this role, but don’t meet every single criteria, please get in touch anyway. Tell us about yourself and what you bring to the table. We’d love to explore whether you could be a great fit.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dragonfly Editorial provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Let's talk about your next project!
Share this Post