Position: Full-Time Technical Copyeditor
Salary: $50K-$60K/year, depending on experience
Here at Dragonfly Editorial, we help organizations working in complex B2B industries — including finance, healthcare, and security — communicate with clarity. They call on us to act as an extension of their communications teams, and we deliver under tight schedules or with ample lead time. With satisfied clients comes growth, so we’re looking for a full-time copyeditor who enjoys working with multiple clients on everything from social media posts to technical proposals.
What you’ll do at Dragonfly:
• Provide stellar copyediting and proofreading to a wide range of Dragonfly customers
• Work with technical content related to topics such as healthcare, engineering, and international development
• Collaborate with other editors on large, 200+-page projects
• Create client-specific style sheets
What we’re looking for:
• 5+ years of editing experience
• Working knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style and AP, APA, and/or AMA style
• Cheerful demeanor (to handle ridiculous deadlines and crazy client requests with good humor)
• Digital savvy (to use online project management systems, communicate via text and chat, and work with various software and tools — including the Microsoft Suite, Google Drive, Adobe Acrobat, and macros)
• Not required but a plus: experience editing proposals or scholarly journals, familiarity with PerfectIt, knowledge of GPO style and APMP principles
At Dragonfly, it’s important for us to create an exceptional workplace for our employees. Our benefits include:
• Health insurance for you and your family
• A 401(k) plan with prompt vesting
• Generous paid time off
• Highly flexible work schedule
• Access to ongoing continuing education and career development opportunities
Our benefits also include working in an environment where you’re valued as a person, kindness is more important than cutting a deal, and respect is paramount.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will need to take an editing test and provide references.
And remember this: Research shows that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, yet women and other marginalized folks often apply only when they fit every single item. If you believe you could excel in this role, but don’t meet every single criteria, please get in touch anyway. Tell us about yourself and what you bring to the table. We’d love to explore whether you could be a great fit.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dragonfly Editorial provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.