Position: Medical Editor, Contractor
Here at Dragonfly Editorial, we help organizations working with healthcare professionals — including CME providers and medical associations — communicate with clarity. They call on us to act as an extension of their communications teams, and we deliver under tight schedules or with ample lead time. With satisfied clients comes growth, so we’re looking for new medical editors to copyedit and fact-check clinician-facing medical communications.
Medical editor responsibilities:
- Copyedit text, following a standard style guide or the client’s in-house style
- Fact-check slide decks and other content collateral to ensure accuracy
- Create project-specific style sheets
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of editing experience
- Experience with and fluency in AMA style
- Cheerful demeanor (to handle fast-paced client requests with good humor)
- Digital savvy (to use an online project management system, the Microsoft Suite, Google Drive, Adobe Acrobat, macros, and other tools)
- Not required but a plus: experience editing scholarly medical journals
How to apply:
Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will need to take an editing test.
And remember this: Research shows that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, yet women and other marginalized folks often apply only when they fit every single item. If you believe you could excel in this role, but don’t meet every single criteria, please get in touch anyway. Tell us about yourself and what you bring to the table. We’d love to explore whether you could be a great fit.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dragonfly Editorial provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.