Here at Dragonfly Editorial, we help organizations in complex B2B industries communicate with clarity. Through precise, strategy-driven copywriting, we help B2B organizations tell their stories and engage customers and prospects.
We write everything from social media posts to thought-leadership posts to technical journal articles to annual reports. Our sweet spot is long-form copy: white papers, feature stories, case studies, and brochures. All our work is grounded in the principles of content strategy—not just creating content for content’s sake but to solve the greatest needs of our client’s customers.
Our workload is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced B2B copywriter to join our team. Our ideal candidate is—
- B2B focused. Most of our clients are organizations that serve other organizations. The content we write delves into the needs of business buyers—not consumers. In other words, we write about FinTech services, not personal finance; digital strategy, not personal computing. If ABM, sales enablement, stakeholder personas, and omnichannel are music to your ears, this position is a good fit for you. Expertise/experience writing copy for B2B financial or IT services is a definite plus, though not a hard requirement.
- Curious and flexible. We write about complex topics: finance, IT, manufacturing, healthcare, engineering, and more. You’ll be called upon to write compelling storylines about the most technical subjects—and to conduct the necessary research and interviews to craft targeted, effective copy on those topics. And at any given time, you’ll likely be juggling a combination of small, quick-turn projects with larger ones that extend over weeks or months.
- Independent and motivated. You’ll work remotely from your home office (or wherever you get your Wi-Fi). You won’t always have someone looking over your shoulder or hounding you to meet your deadlines. But you won’t be alone: Dragonflies collaborate with one another as well as with graphic designers, web developers, layout specialists, and client teams. Our ideal candidates enjoy being part of a team and actively building our company’s writing capacity.
- Obsessed with quality. Dragonfly creates content for our customers that’s not just okay—it’s amazing. We’re looking for a writer who understands our quality standards and can rise to the challenge. Do you know how to adjust tone and voice for different types of clients and assets? Do you edit your own work as a matter of course? Do you welcome constructive criticism? Do you enjoy keeping up with best practices in technology, communications, and content strategy? Yes, yes, yes, yes = you’re one of us!
- Committed to inclusion and collaboration. At Dragonfly, we believe in open doors and open minds. We welcome diverse talent, and we actively support one another in the work we do. We extend that spirit of helpfulness, respect, and collaboration to our work with our customers. In short, there are no “cogs in the machine” at Dragonfly. Instead, we celebrate each of our teammates for the unique human being they are.
What you’ll do at Dragonfly:
- Write killer content for Dragonfly clients, with a focus on long-form pieces such as white papers, websites, feature stories, fact sheets, case studies, and brochures.
- Gather insights needed to create strong, compelling content. Lead interviews with subject matter experts ranging from C-suite executives to construction managers. Conduct background research as needed.
- Manage writing projects throughout their lifecycle, from kickoff through interviews, revisions, design, and production – while adhering to project budgets and timelines.
- Help coordinate Dragonfly’s writing workflow, including creating estimates, collaborating with teammates on large projects, coaching new writers, and coordinating projects using our project management software.
- Help create standard processes related to writing and content development.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of B2B experience, working in a publications/communications/content marketing setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A solid portfolio of written B2B content
- Flexible, professional, positive demeanor, with a focus on team-building and customer service
- Able to meet deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to pass writing and copyediting test if requested
And remember this: Research shows that men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, yet women and other marginalized folks often apply only when they fit every single item. If you believe you could excel in this role, but don’t meet every single criteria, please get in touch anyway. Tell us about yourself, and what you bring to the table. We’d love to explore whether you could be a great fit.
At Dragonfly, it’s important for us to create an exceptional workplace for our employees. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for you and your family
- A 401(k) plan with prompt vesting
- Generous paid time off
- Highly flexible work schedule
- Access to ongoing continuing education and career development opportunities
Our benefits also include working in an environment where you’re valued as a person, where kindness is more important than cutting a deal, and respect is paramount.
How to apply
- Send a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dragonfly Editorial provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Let's talk about your next project!
Share this Post